I’m getting the itch.
I enjoy piercings and tattoos so long as they are tasteful. I have about 12 tattoos and many plans to get more and I’ve had tons of piercings at various times to include the bellybutton, the eyebrow, nose, ears,tongue and the la brae. Before Dean married me he didn’t have any tattoos or piercings. Now he has two tattoos and two piercings, one tattoo being the Chinese symbol for music and the other tattoo being my name across his stomach. At my request, he got his nipples pierced. Because he is awesome.
So, Dean has this:
But the only thing I have pierced at this time other than my ears is my la brae:
But now, I want a new piercing. And the piercing I want is ALMOST sort of normal as it is on the ear. For some reason, though, I’m scared of it. After everything else, I’m scared of a little ear piercing. In my defense, the reason I’m terrified is because the location is straight cartilage and seems like it would hurt really bad:
Yeah. That thing right there circled in red. Whatever it’s called. Doesn’t it seem like it would be awful painful to shove a needle through that??
But I want it, although not with a hoop in it, but a teeny, tiny little barbell.
As for tattoos, I have about three or four more I want to get. I need to get my Karmapolice108 one and I need to get something of my kids names in it. I have a few ideas but I want it to be special so I haven’t made a positive decision yet. For My Dean tattoo, I’ve already chosen something special. Since he is a musician and has written songs about me, I’m going to get a line of sheet music on my lower back with the notes to one of his songs on it. This way, it is very personal and only between us.
Also, I want tiny stars tattooed behind my ears. This one is personal.
So, with all of this on my mind, here are some questions for all of you out there:
1. Do you have any tattoos or piercings and if so, what and where are they? If not…. would you consider getting one?
2. What tattoos and/or piercings do you plan to get?
3. At what age would a child of yours have to be before you would allow them to get a tattoo or piercing?
4. What piercings could you NEVER do?
Here are my answers:
1. I have the following tattoos…. a lizard on my wrist, a dragonfly on my right ankle, a German cross on the inside of my left ankle, three grateful dead dancing bears on the outside of my left ankle, a butterfly on my neck, a pot leaf on my right hip, and something on my other hip and something on my stomach that shall remain a secret. For piercings, I have my ears and la brae.
2. I want to get the tats I discussed above but the only other piercings I want to get are my “hood”… if you don’t know what that is, then you probably don’t want to know…lol… and maybe my bellybutton again someday after I have a flat tummy again. Oh, and the ear thing.
3. This is a tough one for me because my 8 year old son wants both tattoos and piercings right now. To get anything done at a piercing studio you have to be twelve. Dean and I told Matt that so long as he is getting good grades and isn’t doing drugs or breaking the law then we don’t care what he does to his image and that if he is doing well then Dean will take him to a tattoo parlor for his 16th birthday. But we have final approval of what he gets.
As for piercings, I don’t much care. They can be removed and if he wants piercings then I’m not going to argue. I’ll let him get his ears done as soon as he is allowed at a studio and anything else he wants he can get under the same rules as tattoos.
Matt thinks he’s a rock star and we tend to give him a little freedom to wear what he wants and to do things to his hair that he wants. If he wants his hair blue and cut like a Mohawk, then I allow it.
4. I could never do the nipple or the clitoris. I’m too scared of ruining my sensitivity. I also try to avoid piercings that I deem unclassy. The la brae is tiny and I like it because it’s pretty subtle even though it is in the middle of my face. I don’t wish to have any other facial piercings, though, especially the eyebrow as it never heals correctly.
I’d love to hear everyone else’s answers to the above questions!